Sunday, April 10, 2011

Poem #10

"Girl Talk"

I want raisin toast with butter
I want pink juice
I want Froot Loops
I want my penguin slippers
I want my sheep
I want the panda bear with the giant eyes
I want the little monkey with the giant eyes
I want a princess crown
I want footie pajamas
I want a pretty dress
I want sparkly sandals
I want the bubble wand
        no-- I want the bubble wand
I want it! It's mine. That's not nice.
I want a Band-Aid
               a fairy Band-Aid
I want you to kiss it
I want a hug
I don't want to nap
I want to read
I want to watch tv
I want to color
                      me too
I don't want to eat my chicken
I want dessert
I want raisins for dessert
I want mochi for dessert
            I want mochi for dessert, not raisins
I cry because I don't have words yet
I want words
I want you to carry me
I don't want to use the potty
I want to use the potty -- I'm a big girl now
I don't want to share
I want to share
I want to build a tower with blocks
I want to knock it down
I want to cry
I want to scream --she ruined it
I build it again
I laugh
I laugh
I laugh
I want you to hold me
I want to give hugs
I want you to hold me
I want to give kisses
I want you to hold me
I want you

1 comment: