Friday, September 24, 2010

An experiment: the blog as a teaching tool

So here's the idea: use the blog as a teaching tool to continue classroom discussions and open them up to the rest of the world (specifically, the literary community who reads this blog). Imagine that: using the "outside" world as a source of education! I'm excited!

I've just sent an e-announcement to my students informing them of this new adventure and have invited them to post their thoughts in the comments section of this blog. I would really appreciate it if you, dear readers, could also contribute to our discussions.

I know it's been quite some time since this Show has been on the air & I wonder: do I still have an audience? Well, instead of wondering, why not create a new one? I'll post invites to FB and see what happens.

I have no idea what will happen, but let's just go for it and find out!

Won't you join us?

[As an FYI: this is for my Introduction to Creative Writing course, which covers poetry, fiction, and this year, screenwriting. Oh, and I teach at Rutgers-New Brunswick.]

No comments:

Post a Comment